12/2/11

Quotes about Paris


The quote I love the best about Paris is Ernest Hemingway’s:

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.

Another Hemingway quote that I love:

Il n’y a que deux endroits au monde où l’on puisse vivre heureux: chez soi et à Paris.
(There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris.)


Everything ends this way in France - everything. Weddings, christenings, duels, burials, swindlings, diplomatic affairs -everything is a pretext for a good dinner.
Jean Anouilh


J’ai deux amours…..Mon pays et Paris.
(I have two loves…..my country and Paris.)

I like Frenchmen very much, because even when they insult you they do it so nicely.
Josephine Baker

America is my country and Paris is my hometown.
Gertrude Stein

In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.
Mark Twain


An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.
Friedrich Nietzsche

In Paris everybody wants to be an actor; nobody is content to be a spectator.
Jean Cocteau

In America only the successful writer is important, in France all writers are important, in England no writer is important, and in Australia you have to explain what a writer is.
Geoffrey Cottrell


via tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment